Pittsburgh Youth Lacrosse Mission Statement
To create a fun and challenging developmental lacrosse program for young boys and girls that teaches them the skills to compete and excel at the game.
Pittsburgh Youth Lacrosse is open to all boys and girls in the Pittsburgh area. We practice in Fox Chapel, PA. We are a non-profit, community-based program run by volunteers who are interested in promoting the following value statement for youth sports:
Youth sports programs provide an enjoyable learning environment for the physical, social, and personal development of youngsters. The values of youth sports programs include:
- Promoting fitness
- Developing new skills
- Instilling a desire to succeed
- Teaching responsibility and commitment
- Teaching cooperation
- Preparing one to deal with success and failure
- Providing an outlet for the release of energy
- Building character through discipline
- Teaching how to cope with the realities of life
- Instilling a positive attitude toward authority
- Providing a fun and enriching experience
The likelihood that youngsters will realize positive sports values is enhanced when adult sports leaders take the responsibility to serve as facilitators of desirable sports outcomes.
This can be achieved when coaches assume a role as teachers and carry out lesson plans that develop skills progressively, emphasize positive sports values, and encourage a life-long interest in sports participation.